2016 VGC Format Announced!
The new 2016 Video Game Championship has been announced and reintroduces Legenday Pokémon into the mix. These new rules will go into effect starting January 1st, 2016 for all sanctioned Play! Pokémon video game events. Here's a quick break down of what to expect:
- All battles will be Double Battles played in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
- Time limits for battles will vary by event. At major events (Regional Championships and above), battles will have a 15-minute time limit, 45-second move timer, and a 90-second Team Preview.
- Pokémon brought in via Poké Transporter will not be permitted (the blue pentagon is required).
- All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
- Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
- All items will be allowed except Soul Dew. Each Pokémon must hold a different item.
New documentation with the complete set of rules will be posted shortly. In the meantime, you check out the announcemt here as well as a strategy preview here.
March 10 @ 11:00am